- The “Chieti Classica” International Competitions will take place in Chieti, Italy.
- On arrival in Chieti, you will have to go to the Artistic Secretariat of the Chieti Classica International Competition, which is located in Corso Marrucino n. 135, to confirm your presence and receive all the information about the services offered by the organization and the locations of classes, etc.
- The “Chieti Classica” International Competition are held in 4 disciplines: saxophone & clarinet, cello, piano and violin.
Saxophone & Clarinet Competition
13-15 July 2023
Application deadline 20th of June 2023
20-22 July 2023
Application deadline 1st of July 2023
1-3 August 2023
Application deadline 10th of July 2023
4-6 August 2023
Application deadline 13th of July 2023
- The Competitions are open to applicants of all nationalities. Applicants must be not older than 35 years at the date of the opening ceremony of the competition (please see dates of your competition).
- The Application procedure must be done online. Candidates will not be admitted to the competition unless payment is received. The entrance fee will not be refunded for any reason.
- Candidates must fill in the application form listing their programmes in the due order.
- Travel, accommodation and visa costs, if necessary, are the responsibility of the participants themselves.
- The Competition consists of one recital round of two days and the final round with orchestra!
The audition in the first round is max. 15 minutes and in the final round - max. 30 minutes. All the rounds of the competition are open to the public.
- All pieces in first round can be performed with scores except the Final round.
Participants of the Saxophone and Clarinet competition are allowed to perform in the Final round along with scores.
- In the final round of the competition, participants will perform alongside the Kiev Virtuosi String Orchestra.
- The Competition provides free accompanists upon request of the participants. Each candidate will have one rehearsal with the accompanist for first round.
- The decisions of the jury are final and not subject to review or appeal. All decisions and votes of the jury starting from the 1st round till the final round will be published on the website after the announcement of the results.
All stages of the Competition may be broadcast live and/or may be recorded and videotaped for subsequent broadcast, video, DVD, audio recording or any other format/media use.
It is anticipated that recordings of selected Competition performances will be commercially produced, that a documentary of the Competition incorporating selected performances will be produced for television, and that parts of the Competition will be made available on the Internet. Camera crews may film all Competition events. In the eventuality of radio or television productions, audio or video recordings of the tests or of the winners’ concerts the participants have no right to advance claims or financial requests to the producers or transmitters.